WELCOME TO ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT
The Academic Planning Unit of Yaba College of Technology, Yaba is an academic organ of the College under the office of the Rector. It was established in October 2011 by the current Rector, Dr. (Mrs.) M. K. Ladipo. The Unit is controlled by a Director and assisted by other staff.
VISION OF THE UNIT
To be outstanding Academic Planning Unit among tertiary institutions that will make impact in teaching, learning and research.
MISSION OF THE UNIT
To ensure that the content of Academic Programmes, facilities, human and other resources are of adequate and universally acceptable standard for conducive teaching, learning and research for the sustenance of technological education in Nigeria.
The philosophy of the unit is to improve and transform academic learning environment to high and acceptable standard in all the programmes in the college.
FUNCTIONS OF ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT
The functions of the Unit are as follows:
1. Projections of students enrolment and corresponding staff strength figures.
2. Determination of adequate staff strength and requirement to guide against any possible excess staffing and its attendant results.
3. Computation of Full Time Equivalent (FTE) for all programmes and its analysis for planning purposes.
4. Assisting in the revision of College curricula to ensure compliance with procedures and guidelines for existing and new academic programmes.
5. Assist in identifying major teaching and research needs of departments.
6. Processing of College nomination for external fellowships, grants and scholarships.
7. Facilitating and coordinating activities for accreditation and re-accreditation of all academic programmes and ensuring adherence to regulatory bodies Academic Standard.
8. Providing academic standards for smooth administrative and academic transfer of credits from other institutions in Nigeria or abroad.
9. Initiation, establishment and management of academic courses/programme; Coordinating professional bodies accreditation.
10. Appraisal and processing of requests for affiliation from other tertiary institutions in consultation with the legal department of the College.
11. Assist with initiating and processing strong academic linkages and technical co-operations within the College; and with other tertiary institutions, government and their agencies, international organizations and other bodies.
12. Assist with searching/soliciting for Fellowships, Scholarships, Technical Assistance, External aids etc. for staff to enhance teaching, research and development.
13. Liaising with the College Centre for Information Technology and Management (CITM) for the purpose of maintaining an up-to-date Database for the Unit.
14. Interpretation of data on College students annual enrolment and graduation statistics.
15. Periodic up-dating and collection of relevant data on changing trends of College activities, such as
Students enrolments per programme; per gender and
other extant biases :
Analysis of data for the internal evaluation of the performance status of academic programmes in the College based on the specified parameters and guidelines from the regulatory agencies.
Baseline data retrieval on student and staff statistics for use in planning, budgeting and other management requirements.
16. Determination of the credit Unit loading data
for students and Full Time Equivalent for staff of the College for the purpose
of equitable work load distribution.
17.Maintenance, storage and retrieval of relevant data and publications of statistical nature for information on various aspects of College operations for research projects and other uses as may be demanded by users.
18. Preparation and publication of research reports, the College Statistical Digest and other statistical publications as well as completion of various statistical questionnaires that may be required from Government, other agencies and other collaborative institutions.
19. Formation of a computerized data-base for teaching and research equivalent and serves as College Data Bank.
Coordination and monitoring of the efficient operation of the Course credit System in the College and any future revision there from;
20. Coordinating the curricula development and curricula reviews for programme studies in the College.
21. Managing College examinations through effective preparation, procurement and distribution of examination materials.
22. Preparation of Omnibus Examination and Lecture Time-Table.
23. Assists in feasibility studies for the establishment of new academic programme(s);
24. To be involved in the production, monitoring and periodic review of College strategic plan with respect to academic matters.
25. Assists in promoting, administering and monitoring research projects and programme in the College.
26. Process research proposals from academic staff to the central Research Committee (CRC) for research grant awards.
27. Collation of progress and annual report on research projects funded by any regulatory agencies and make returns periodically to such a body.
28. Assist in the documentation, presentation and transmission of Teaching & Research Equipment Lists to the regulatory agencies on demand.
29. Any other duty as assigned by the Rector.
Presently, the Unit is headed by Dr.Engr Wasiu Oyediran Adedeji ,other staff includes :
Mr. Austin A. Okoh Principal Assistant Registrar
Mr. Sule ishola Assistant Registrar
Mrs. Funmilayo Terri Confidentiality Secretary iii
Mr.Akeem Olumegbon Asst. Chief Clerical Officer
Mrs. Lateef Johnny Senior Clerical Officer
Mr. Muyideen Hassan Chief Driver.
The Unit is currently in the process of getting Academic Planning Officers to assist in the running of the Unit.
In conclusion, the Unit is poised to serve the staff, students and the entire college community with good academic planning and programmes so that Yaba College of Technology would continue to maintain its leadership position among other higher institutions in the country.
Engr. Dr. ADEDEJI, Wasiu Oyediran.
Bsc ,Msc, Phd(Mechanical Engineering) TTC(Mechanical),PGD(HSE),FNIMECHE,MNSE,COREN Registered.
Director, Academic planning unit.